Maintenance system software should be functional and simple to use. There are several key features to using GP MaTe’s maintenance system software.
Our Maintenance System Software’s Problem Reporting
An optional step in the work order process is problem reporting. Productions personnel benefit from this aspect of maintenance system software to report a problem, which is then routed to the designated reviewer for the equipment or process area.
Work Order Planning Capabilities
Maintenance supervisors or planners utilize maintenance system software to use the central function of work order planning to review problem reports or initiate work orders. This planning process is supported by the work order function by integrating a wide range of capabilities including:
- Equipment history review
- Work modeled after previous work orders
- Multiple task creation for different contractors or crafts
- Reservation of spare parts from MLPs or inventory searching
- Purchase Requisition generation for non-stock or contractor services purchases
- Work tasks scheduling and assignment
- Approval and/or approval routing
What Does Preventive Maintenance Definitions Support?
The Preventive Maintenance Definitions aspect of maintenance system software is set up to support recurring maintenance activities. These definitions provide the same functionality as the work order planning, but they also include scheduling parameters. The three types of scheduling supported by this maintenance system software are:
- Time Interval: The number of days in between performances
- Meter Reading: An interval based on a usage meter, often associated with equipment
- Fixed Date Schedule: Often used for seasonal work, a schedule based on a fixed date
Portable Device Support
The GP MaTe maintenance system software can be used on portable devices to document work performed remotely. The user can look up work order tasks, accept spare parts issues and time card entry, as well as feedback for work performed. Communication schemes can be configured on portable devices in three ways:
- Batch: The device is attached to a work station and loaded with tasks for completion
- Wireless: Communication with the device uses wifi connectivity
- Mobile (Telco): Connect to the internet via telco communications
Spare Part Usage
Maintenance system software can use different approaches for capturing spare parts usage depending on whether the store room is open or closed. An open store room will require parts being used to be entered against a work order as the work order is being completed. A closed store room uses barcodes to issue parts as they are being picked up.
Equipment Failure Feedback
Information is captured as the work order is completed to assist with failure analysis. From this, the MTBF and MTTR metrics are calculated.
If you want to learn more about the benefits of our maintenance system software then get in touch with GP MaTe today. To request a free live demo about our software that assists with maintenance work orders click here.
About GP MaTe
GP MaTe is a User-friendly maintenance and material management system that facilitates maintenance planning and inventory control. Our product has many optional modules that support Safety (PSM, MOC and LOTO), Budgeting, Multi-plant information sharing, and Operator Tours and Data Collection. The system is available in many languages and supports vendor currency conversions.